Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 91- Elektra

From Hammer of the Gods: After many weeks of traveling and squabbling, Braeden and Elektra have finally arrived at General Mattila’s camp. Braeden is hoping he can convince her to help him kill Empress Teodora. After swearing she won’t betray him, Elektra leaves Braeden hidden in the woods while she goes to butter up the general. And betray Braeden. Edited from the published version. Mattila is speaking:

“Braeden Terris has a price on his head; a big one. I’m sure your mother will be more than pleased to pay it out to you, though I’d advise sharing a little with those I send to bring him in.”

The tent-flap burst open once again and a young red-haired woman strode in, then stopped and saluted the general.

“Captain Dura,” the general said, “this is the Archduchess Elektra; she has delivered the traitor Braeden Terris to us.”

The captain bowed to Elektra, but not quickly enough to hide the shock on her face. “Are you certain, Your Grace?” she asked.

“Absolutely,” Elektra said, “and I can tell you where he is, and how to get him.”

“I thought you’d want to do it, Captain,” Mattila said, “after everything he put you through.”

Captain Dura’s green eyes flashed, then she swallowed hard and said, “You’re right. Just tell me where he is and I’ll bring him in, dead or alive.”

The apple doesn’t fall very far, does it? And what did Braeden do to tick off Franca Dura?

Posted in Uncategorized
45 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 91- Elektra

Braeden has problems in his future. He seems to have ticked off a lot of people.

Great setup. I’m wondering if she’ll follow through and what complications will arise.

Uh-oh. Someone is about to have a very, very bad day.

Yikes! I didn’t expect her to turn him in. Great tease!

5. Botanist says:

Ooh! Sneaky little rat! Nice bit of treachery there 🙂

6. Ha! Good luck rounding him up. 😉

7. I’m not sure that Braeden is going to be caught easily. Looking forward to the next snippet.

8. Oh no!! Things are about to get quite exciting for Braeden…and anyone who tries to set him up. 🙂

9. Frank Fisher says:

I hope Braeden is aware of what’s coming for him. It would be a shame if he’s caught so easily.

10. Well, Braeden is a smart guy, and he’s probably expecting some trouble. Elektra inherited some of her mother’s duplicity!

Marcia

11. Someone put his trust in the wrong people. He’s in for a nasty surprise. Unless this is a triple cross, or some other twisty maneuvering.

12. Uh oh. She backstabbed him.

13. Cunning Elektra! Are there any good people here?

14. The Author says:

I can hear the DOOM music! Excellent!

Heather

This is beginning to remind me of Game of Thrones–cross and double-cross! No one is safe from anyone it seems. 🙂

16. Braeden has ticked off some people. lol But I have a hunch he knows and has a plan. 🙂

There is more to this than meets the eye. Excellent snippet as usual, Christina.

18. Whitney says:

I remember this dynamic throughout the novel. It was a surprising response I didn’t see coming and it worked really well for Dura and the others.

19. S. M. Pace says:

Poor Braeden seems to make a lot of enemies 🙂

20. I think he’s probably expecting it too. Regardless, things are about to get intense!

21. Dead or alive…I imagine he’ll put up a good fight!

22. aldreaalien says:

Goodness, Elektra… I see even going back your word doesn’t phase you. I hope poor Braeden’s actually chosen to skedaddle from his previous hiding spot.

23. Tangled, tangled relationships, which is the way of life. Braeden seems to have been naive about Elektra. More twists and turns to come, I’m sure!