Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 29- Kendryk

wewriwa

It’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

OMG you guys! I finished editing and sent this to my beta readers, finally. I heard about this contest, and just about killed myself to make the deadline, but at least it forced me to finish.  So now I can get back to writing the next book.

Anyway, Kendryk and Gwynneth have concocted a plan to help Father Landrus escape before he’s tried for heresy. Kendryk is very excited and hurries to tell Landrus.

“The two of you amaze me,” Landrus said. “I am very touched that you would take such care for my person, but I’m afraid I must decline.”

“What?” Kendryk was baffled. ”This is the perfect solution. You can continue your work there, and I’m sure that in time, the climate will change enough here so you can return.”

“Forgive me if I don’t share in your optimism,” Landrus said. “If I leave, I fear that will be the end of any meaningful change for the Faith in Terragand.”

Looks like there will have to be a trial after all.  Heheh.

Previous excerpts are here.

30 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 29- Kendryk
  1. Sarah W says:

Well, he’s definitely worth saving! Unfortunately . . . yeah.

This is great, Christina! Good luck with the contest!

Good stuff, Christina! It always sucks when the person you’re trying to save decides they don’t want to be rescued. ;D

3. When I read this, I pictured the surprise on Kendryk’s face. I imagine it was wide-eyed and gaping. 😛 Great eight!

4. ernieluis says:

I’ve always liked characters who stubbornly stick to their faiths. Nice! And good luck in that contest, sounds awesome!

5. Scary situation you’ve created here. For me, it’s a cliff hanger and that’s a good thing.

Oh those pesky principles. Great job of throwing a wrench in the works.

7. ralfast says:

I commend his courage, if nothing else. 😉

8. Congratulations on finishing the editing! Well done:).
    Lol, love how he’s upsetting all their grand plans and admire him for standing his ground. It’ll be interesting how his part of the story develops. Great 8.

9. Oh my! He should get out while the gettin’s good. But I guess that would diminish the story 😉

Good luck in the contest!! Great job getting it done. 🙂

10. caitlinstern says:

He can’t make meaningful change if he’s dead! Though I suppose his death could bring about change.

11. Congrats on finishing and sending work to beta. That’s always a good feeling. And best of luck on contest.
    Intriguing 8 – how will his refusal to accept their help affect things.

12. Eleri Stone says:

You have to admire his commitment. Hopefully, he comes out okay. Good luck with the contest!

13. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to be that easy. He’s a brave man of faith! Excellent excerpt…

Good luck in your contest. I hope it’s one of those where you get lots of valuable feedback.

15. Kate Warren says:

Now THAT is a man of faith! Hope Kendryk isn’t too disappointed.

16. Landrus’s pride is too much! He needs help. Great snippet though and wishing you all the luck in the contest!!!