Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 155- Natalya

It’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

I’m still not done with Blood of the Empire! I ended up working crazy hours this past week, but I get a lot of time off during the next one. Hopefully by this time next week I can report that it’s finally finished. I also have a Bookbub on Tuesday (my first!), which I’m guessing will be mighty distracting.

Natalya has cowed the evil Princess Viviane for now and makes her way to a neighboring kingdom where she drops in on Kendryk’s aunt, Princess Galena. She’d planned to continue to where Teodora is being held prisoner, but gets unsettling news instead.

Natalya squeezed Galena’s hand carefully; though still immensely dignified, the old princess seemed very fragile. No doubt the difficulties of the past year had taken their toll. “I must go to Podoska first to secure Teodora.”

Galena dropped her hand, “you haven’t heard? Teodora has been set free.”

Natalya had to find a nearby chair to fall into, “what do you mean?”

Galena sat down next to her, ignoring the courtiers buzzing all around, “I just heard a few days ago. Brynhild Mattila went to Podoska after the battle and negotiated Teodora’s release from Princess Edyta.”

“Oh gods- do we know if Trystan Martinek was involved?” If he’d joined his mother in this betrayal then Natalya had seriously misjudged his character.

Tagged with: , , ,
30 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 155- Natalya

Where’s your inner JRR Martin, Christina? Couldn’t you just let Teodora get captured and killed off?

Well, this information puts a wrench in her plans.

3. daryldevore says:

Ooh more twists – interesting to see how this is going to play out. Tweeted.

Oh no. Teodora being free is NOT a good thing.

5. Poor Natalya – plots undone as soon as she plots them and new plots required LOL. It’s dizzying (inagoodway). Enjoyed the excerpt and her reaction to the news.

I’m with Ed. Can’t you let Braeden lop her head off? Please? (BTW, this means you’ve created such a vivid character that we all lust after her demise!)

7. Botanist says:

This sounds like an unwelcome twist!

Talk about having the rug pulled out from under you! Now I wonder what her next move will be?

9. Oooo Teodora’s release is good for exactly no one!!

10. Great excerpt, Christina! Best of luck with the writing this week, and with your Bookbub too! 🙂

11. Yet another twist in a complex story!

12. Uh-oh, trouble will be coming to them, no doubt! Can’t wait to read more!

13. I’m in the “Off with her head!” camp. This is the last book? We are almost to the place where Teodora meets karma?? lol

14. elainecsc2013 says:

So Theodora lives to scheme and plot another day. Can’t wait to see her gets hers.

Now THAT’S an interesting turn of events!

16. When there’s this many people scheming, someone’s plans are bound to get thwarted. The question is–what does she do next?

17. Diane Burton says:

Uh oh. Teodora is free? Not good. What’s going to happen next? So many questions. Good job.