Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 134- Lennart

It’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

This might be my last snippet from Fall of the Titan, since I’m deep into the first book of a new series that I’m anxious to share.

On his way north to rescue his family, King Lennart stops in to visit Trystan’s mom, Princess Edyta. She’s been a reluctant ally so far. Edited from the published version.

Princess Edyta wasn’t happy to see him, especially since he’d misplaced Trystan, as she saw it.

“He’s fine,” Lennart protested, “had quite an adventure in Tirovor and even killed a fearsome Maladene in a duel.”

“Idiotic,” Edyta sniffed, “I can’t believe you let him run off after some little princess.”

“She’s not some little princess; she’s the ruler of Terragand,” Lennart said, sitting down beside her.

“If she can ever get it back.” Edyta shook her head. “If I’d known you couldn’t finish Teodora by now, I would never have lent you my support.”

Lennart breathed in and counted to ten. He couldn’t afford to antagonize this woman right now, unpleasant though she was.

25 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 134- Lennart

Edyta sniffing at the idea of a mere little princess says so much about her. A wee bit of a snob, maybe?

Well, she’s “just” a princess too- but is feeling pretty smug about the fact she still has her kingdom. Which is guess is something to be proud of. 🙂

He needs to step carefully with this one.

You pulled me right into this scene. I hope Lennart is able to tiptoe his way around her.

4. He has to be careful with her, I’m sure that even though she’s a reluctant ally, she could also be a formidable enemy.

5. Tread lightly with her. Outstanding snippet full of worry and venom.

6. She’s certainly snarky!

7. daryldevore says:

Lennart is smart – breathe and count.
    Tweeted.

8. She’s feisty. I also got to the part where Stella was arguing with Braeden, and I have to tell you how much I adored that little spat. So cute! 😀

This is not looking too good. Yikes. Great snippet

Edyta does seem rather horrid, Christina. I wonder how long she is going to continue to stand as an ally?

11. You give us an excellent picture of Edyta with just a few words from her here – so well done! Enjoyed the excerpt as always.

12. I’d be careful with her. It sounds as if she’s hard to deal with.

13. She is pretty unpleasant, but I suppose she’s taken some risk in supporting him–and she wants to see a return on that investment. Which is fair enough, if poorly worded.

14. Hywela Lyn says:

Great bit of characterization here, I really enjoyed the snippet, drew me right inl

15. Diane Burton says:

You portray her well in just a bit of dialogue. Interesting that she’s a princess and so haughty while he’s a king and has to watch how he treats her. Says a lot about hierarchy. Great snippet.