Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 123- Braeden

It’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

You guys, I’m THIS close to finishing Fall of the Titans! Hope I get there in the next day or so.

A few weeks ago, Gwynneth tried to help her son Devyn take care of his wounded friend, Trisa. They’ve called for Braeden, since Trisa is like a daughter to him. The doctor just told them it doesn’t look good as they load her onto a stretcher.

“Hold on,” Braeden murmured. This was his fault. He should have sent Trisa back to her parents long ago. Not that she would have gone. But she might have gotten herself into trouble somewhere else so this wouldn’t be on his head.

He and Devyn carried the stretcher carefully across the courtyard and into the palace, following the doctor  to his surgery.

“She’s going to make it,” Devyn said from behind him, “she has to.”

“She will,” Braeden said, even though he didn’t really believe it. He’d seen wounds like this before, and even with a skilled doctor, the odds of survival were slim. But it was probably better for Devyn to have some hope, at least for a while.

Today’s the last day my boxed set will be on sale. Right now it’s $4.99 and tomorrow it goes up to $9.99. Click here to get it at Amazon.

24 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 123- Braeden

Uh oh. I hope for his sake she pulls through.

Oh, such a sad moment. Though I can’t help but hold onto some hope, too.

I hope she makes it. I can see how either way, you could get some emotional scenes.

Hope she’ll pull through. I’m not holding my breath after reading the first two books though. ;p

Oh, how sad. I hope Dad’s guilt is making him pessimistic instead of prophetic. Tense scene, Christina.

6. You’ve knocked all of us out.Please save her. You can have my first born in exchange. Love, Charmaine

7. I have to say I liked Braeden’s selfish thought that her trouble would have been on someone else’s head because it’s a very realistic, if probably fleeting thing to feel. Excellent excerpt.

I agree with Veronica. Braeden is such a well-rounded character. I feel like I know him very well. I hope he’s wrong, though.

9. Realistic thoughts in a tough situation.

10. Braeden!! <3 <3 I hope Trisa makes it, but you've been rough with our hearts before. 😉 Can't wait to read it though!

11. Very moving snippet. I hope she makes it.

12. Uhoh, doesn’t sound good. Great scene.

13. Diane Burton says:

Congrats on (almost) finishing your WIP. I know the feeling. Poor Braeden. Guilt is tearing him apart. Good job.

14. I hope she pulls through. Nicely done.

15. You have to hate injuries like this, where the person is practically dead except for the dying. Hope can be cruel…

16. aldreaalien says:

Really hope she does make it. I hate it when the good guys die.

17. Gem Sivad says:

Intense and vividly harsh scene emotionally. Well done.