Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 121- Teodora

It’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

Continuing with snippets from the beginning of Fall of the Titans. The Empress Teodora has temporarily installed herself in the kingdom of Isenwald, where she spends her days arguing with Princess Viviane, its actual ruler, since of course, Teodora has taken over everything. Princess Viviane, every bit as bad a person as Teodora, has been in the habit of bullying Elektra. But not today. Elektra interrupts a conversation between Teodora and Viviane. Massive creative punctuation has been inflicted upon this snippet.

Elektra took several steps toward the princess until she stood beside her; “Get out,” she said, her voice as firm as Teodora had ever heard it.

“You can’t–” Viviane began.

“I said, get out,” Elektra raised her voice, “I have business with the empress.”

Viviane turned toward Teodora, looking outraged.

Teodora raised an eyebrow, amused, and just a little proud. “You’d better go.”

“I won’t be–” Viviane’s voice shook.

“Get out,” Teodora and Elektra said at the same time.

Princess Viviane went, shooting Elektra a lethal glance as she passed.

“Impressive,” Teodora smiled, “what’s happened to you?”

“I’ve grown up,” Elektra said.

In case you didn’t see my previous post, I’ve created a boxed set of the first three books in this series. It’s on preorder right now, and a particularly great deal. Click here to reserve it on Amazon.

Posted in #8Sunday Tagged with: , , , ,
31 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 121- Teodora

She might be taking a chance to interrupt those two, but at least one of them is amused.

Good for Elektra for standing up for herself! 🙂

Lordy! I do love Elektra!!! Please tell me she’s the one who is going to give Teodora her come uppance!

Good for Elektra!

5. daryldevore says:

Love that response – I’ve grown up. I can just hear the attitude. Tweeted.

6. Siren X Star says:

Love when they say get out together. Great scene and great last line.

7. Growing up will do it. She has more courage. Terrific snippet,

8. Good for Elektra! Teodora looks to be a little proud of her. Great snippet.

“I’ve grown up.” Indeed! Nice telling scene, Christina!

10. Good job, Elektra! Loved the snippet and her strength.

11. Andrea R Huelsenbeck says:

I can just see this scene played out on the big screen. Very cinematic.

12. She showed a lot of courage here.

13. Woot! You go, girlfriend! I am Elektra, hear me roar! 😀

14. Oh no! I really hoped that she would be better than her mother, that she’d be a good person.

I’m still hoping. lol. Guess I’d better read the book to find out!

15. Woo! Go Elektra! She really has grown up. I love that girl… and hope Teodora doesn’t try to take out the competition. :S Can’t wait for it!

16. Diane Burton says:

The last line is perfect. Go, Elektra!

17. Sounds like a start. Now to keep it going!

18. They might not agree, but it’s obvious who is really in charge.