Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 69- Kendryk

weekend writing warriorsIt’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

Valley of the Shadow is live! And on sale at 99 cents!. Details below the snippet. It’s also been reviewed by WeWriWa regular Amy Braun. Thanks Amy!

Several months have passed since Kendryk was first captured by Teodora and he’s gradually recovering from his wounds, mostly thanks to the excellent care of Teodora’s personal physician, who’s also managed to keep him out of the dungeon so far. But Teodora has been busy in the meantime. She has removed Kendryk from his position as ruler of Terragand and put his treacherous uncle in his place. She’s just broken the news to Kendrk. Slightly edited.

The meaning of what she had done was finally trickling into his brain and he now had to fight for composure. Illegal as it was, he realized she could do this because no one could stand against her. His kingdom was gone.

“I hope you aren’t offended if I no longer address you as prince. You are now just Kendryk Bernotas and not entitled to any special treatment,” Teodora said as she stood.

She walked to the door and called for a guard.. “Take Master Bernotas to the dungeon.”

She turned to Kendryk once more. “I hope you enjoyed the sunshine today. You will never see it again.”

To celebrate the release of Valley of the Shadow, I’m running a short sale on both books. It and Rise of the Storm are 99 cents through tomorrow. Click on the pics to buy.

rise of the storm

Valley of the Shadow 50 percent

34 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 69- Kendryk

I clicked to get the paperback. Not there yet. When are you planning on having it out? I STILL want to do that post!!! Let’s try it this way. What would you like to tell me about a) writing in the truck, b) how you got interested in the 30-years war and got the idea of fictionalizing it, and c) Hm… I guess that’s when I would have you introduce Valley of the Shadow. Maybe then I can put some questions together. Or is that too hard to do it that way? I do want to hook the post up to a couple posts on other blogs. What do you think?

The print version should be out next week. I’m picking up the proof copy tomorrow, so I’ll let you know as soon as it’s available.

I’ll send you an email with answers to those questions. We’ll get this done one way or another!

2. Here I am. lol. On the correct post.

That last line is powerful. Wow! Teodora is about as nasty as they come. Such a sad moment…

3. ugh – what a horrid prospect – never seeing the sun again. Great snippet.

Great scene, Christina. That last line is powerhouse!

5. naomi shaw says:

Sent shivers down me at the end. Great snippet

6. Evelyn Jules says:

Dayummm. She’s a nasty one. Congrats on the release, Christina! I’ve been loving the excerpts you’ve shared from this book! 🙂

7. Daryl Devore says:

Love the arrogance of the line – “I hope you aren’t offended if I no longer address you as prince. I can just hear the snobbiness in her voice.

8. danijace says:

Wow! To be saved from death only to be thrown in the dungeon. She’s cruel, but I think she must need him for something as well.

*gasp* Oh no! Last line alone intrigued me. Great snippet! 🙂

10. Congrats on the release. I am going to click for my copy as soon as I press send on this comment. Enjoyed the snippet. How heartbreaking! Not a good place to be in when faced with the likelihood of never seeing the sun again. Enjoyed the snippet!

Ooh, how deliciously wicked. I start reading Valley of the Shadows tonight! (I knew it was destined when I accidentally stumbled across a show yesterday about Poland and the winged Hussars. So cool!)

12. What a bitch! Loved the last line like everyone else. Great snippet!

13. Best wishes on the release! Teodora is NOT a nice person at all, so ruthless. Poor Kendryk. I really feel sorry for him. Powerful stuff, great snippet!

14. Congrats on the release! As for the snippet…..DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. Teodora is cold!

I’m sure Teordora has a sweet side … somewhere. Good luck, Kendryk, you’re going to need it.

16. elainecsc2013 says:

W

17. Well, isn’t she nice? I wonder why she had him healed, and isn’t having him killed. It can’t be for a good reason…

Teodora is a beeyotch! She is so cold and calculating. I get the impression that she plans to enjoy watching him suffer in imprisonment. Very powerful snippet.

She’s evil to the core, isn’t she? But why did she heal him if she plans on locking him up and throwing away the key? Intrigued. 🙂

(Been adding our post links to Pinterest. 🙂 ) https://www.pinterest.com/karenmnutt/snippet-sunday-posts/

20. It really was my pleasure! Happy *belated* release day! Also, I shudder at the mention of Teodora now. She was bad before, but in this book… *shudders*

21. Ugh!! So matter-of-fact about how she won’t refer to him as prince….and that final line made me shudder. Great snippet. Congrats on the release!!