Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 68- Janna

weekend writing warriorsIt’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-10-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

Valley of the Shadow is available for pre-order! See details after the snippet.

While Kendryk and Gwynneth endure some tough times, things are going well for Janna and Braeden. Janna is pregnant, and as soon as they return to the capital they get married. Senta is the wife of one of Braeden’s officers and has been a kind of mother figure for Janna. Somewhat creatively punctuated.

Braeden  helped Janna into the dress, then stood back to admire her. “You look perfect,” he said, “Senta will be so pleased.”

Janna laughed and took his arm. “What about you?”

“I’m very happy,” he said, grinning as he handed her into the carriage, then climbing in after her. It was warm inside, so they were a bit disheveled by the time they arrived at the little temple in the old city.

“You are supposed to wait until after.” Senta shook her head as she repaired Janna’s hair.

“That horse left the stable some time ago,” Braeden said, patting Janna’s bottom, though she couldn’t feel his hand through the voluminous skirts. It seemed neither one of them could stop smiling.

Previous snippets are here

Valley of the Shadow comes out on January 15. Click on the pic to preorder for 99 cents.

Valley of the Shadow 50 percent.

34 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 68- Janna

THis is a beautiful snapshot of happy newlyweds.

Delightful scene! Very warm, romantic AND sexy! Nice job.

3. Darn those voluminous skirts 🙂 Love the snippet.

4. Daryl Devore says:

Yes, it was the heat that dishevelled them and I have a bridge to sell – lol

Tweeted.

Lovely scene. It’s nice to see someone enjoying themselves as the evil author tortures everyone else!

They sound like love-struck teenagers unable to keep their hands off one another. 🙂 Looks like they’ve found their HEA. Very sweet snippet.

7. Haha! The horse left the stable… Perfect! Great snippet, Christina. Nice touch of character building. I like Braeden.

LOL That is very cute. A great snippet! Congrats on your upcoming release! 🙂

This scene just makes me smile. =D Nicely done!

10. These are both great characters, very easy to like. I suppose their new-found bliss won’t last forever though.

11. Darn those voluminous skirts! They deserve their happiness, though as mentioned above, I keep holding my breath, waiting for the other shoe to drop. 🙂

12. Yay for happy newlyweds and congratulations on the upcoming release! Enjoyed this snippet. Great characters and description. Can’t wait to read more. 🙂

13. The horse left the stable, indeed! And found a stallion along the way, too. 😉

14. Amalie says:

Awww, this is so sweet! I love the witty entendres and repartee.

15. So sweet. Now when does the shoe drop. You said it first!

16. I’m glad they’re happy.

17. A sweetly happy snippet! I’m with everyone else though, guessing they only get to be happy for so long before the plot turns…excellent excerpt, love the detail about the skirts.

18. Aww, they’re so adorable! I’ve always loved Janna and Braeden. I want it to last forever!!!

Happy couple, but will it last? Congrats on your upcoming release.

20. Love the subtle sexiness of this snippet! Apparently I love alliteration too. 😉 My favorite line was “they were quite disheveled.” I know their happiness can’t last but look forward to reading more.

I love minimalism, Christina, and with a few (rather deft) phrases, you have painted a lovely picture of intimacy. Nicely done!

22. Aw, they’re so cute! I hope it’s a HEA!