Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 24- Braeden

wewriwaIt’s time for Weekend Writing Warriors! Every Sunday, a bunch of writers post 8-sentence snippets from their WIPs on their blogs. There’s a lot of reading, commenting and great writing. Click on the link to see the full list.

Last week, Braeden was finally released from the dungeon, and now he finds out why. Novitny explains  a bunch of stuff about expiring treaties and new rebels popping up everywhere, which brings us to:

“With all that’s going on, Her Highness finds herself in a real fix, and we can help. And naturally, I’m not helping for free, so my first requirement was your release;  the second is over there.” Novitny nodded at three large chests standing across the tent, wrapped in chains and secured with enormous locks. “You’ll get your share soon, though I doubt you’ll have time to spend it.”

Braeden’s day was getting better and better. “So what am I doing in exchange for all that?”

“On top of everything else, young Kendryk of Terragand has taken a liking to a priest whose preaching has run afoul of the Temple. Teodora is going to his trial so she can publicly grind the little prince under her heel. That’s where you come in.”

27 comments on “Weekend Writing Warriors: Snippet 24- Braeden

Oh, can’t wait to find out what his part of the plan entails. Should be good. 🙂 Enjoyed the snippet!

2. ralfast says:

Interesting, but what exactly can he do about it, I wonder?

3. Fantastic eight! Really draws in the intrigue and makes me wonder what Braeden will have to do. Nice writing!

4. This sounds like he may be making a deal with the devil!

5. I love all of the intrigue and political wrangling of this story. So interesting! Nice snippet.

Ah, I love it when the paths of characters begin to intersect. You’re doing a masterful job of weaving this story.

7. Frank Fisher says:

A mission? I’m curious to know what Braeden has to do. And from what I read, it sounds like he doesn’t have much choice.

8. I enjoy the fact that he was so upfront about not doing anything for free. Well done!

9. caitlinstern says:

Something is going to happen at the trial that Theodora won’t like at all, I bet. 🙂

10. Oh my, the plot thickens and characters being to cross into each others timelines. Looking forward to finding out more. Great 8

11. Aheïla says:

I’m wary of this “offer he can’t refuse”. Of course, by “wary” I mean: “Can’t wait to read how that’ll take a turn for the worse.” 😉

12. He’s vindictive! Such characters you write! And the dealings, oh my! Wonderful, Christina!

13. I like the twists and turns of this story. Another terrific excerpt today. Except now I’m worried about Braeden!

14. Pooh, I wonder what his mission will be – probably something that he won’t want to do? Great snippet!

15. Ha! Great, I love it. I wonder what he has to do to get his chest, huh? Could be dangerous….I love dangerous!!! 🙂